My name is Bindi Gauntlett. I am a mother of two children aged 37 and 33, a step parent to two children aged 33 and 30. I am a grandmother to two children aged 1 and 2 and I am married to Alec.
I spent many years as a State Registered Nurse (SRN) and a Certified Health Visitor (HVCert) working with mothers, parents, families and children. I am a qualified psychotherapist and I hold a post-graduate diploma in human givens therapy (Parts 1, 2 & 3). I am also a Fellow of the Human Givens Institute (HGI). I have a private practice in Trowbridge in Wiltshire.
- 1974 - 1975 Nanny/mother’s help for 3 year old
- 1975 - 1976 Residential Social Worker at a boarding school for children with epilepsy.
- 1976 - 1979 Nurse training
- 1978 - Obstetric Certificate (3-month course antenatal, labour and postnatal)
- 1980's - My own babies born and childcare a priority.
- 1989 - Trained as a Health Visitor (specialist in child development and physical/mental/emotional and spiritual health for all ages).
- 1990 - 2014 Worked as a health visitor and undertook extra training in child behaviour, child protection and postnatal depression.
- 1997 - 2003 Post Graduate Diploma in human givens psychotherapy.
- 2000 - Became a single mother with 2 teenagers.
- 2002 - Became a stepmother to two teenagers - (4 teenagers in the house!)
- 2004 - 2006 psychotherapist in the NHS.
- 2004 - Current psychotherapist in private practice (registered with the Human Givens Institute).
- 2007 - Advanced Diploma in Human givens psychotherapy - awarded Fellowship.
- 2013 - Created in8 Cards wellbeing resource pack with partner Alec Stansfield.
- 2016 - Current Motherhood mentor for families in need of extra support.
- 2016 - Became a grandmother for the first time.
I am passionate about improving the lives of mothers. I am intrigued by the evolution and history of motherhood and fascinated by the neurological changes that take place with pregnancy, childbirth and building relationships.